I am Dat Ngo. I was a Ph.D. candidate in Computer Vision Laboratory, École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland. I worked with Prof. Pascal Fua on 3D reconstruction and tracking of deformable objects. Prior to my PhD, I received my M.Sc. degree in Artificial Intelligence from VU University Amsterdam, Netherlands in 2011, in which I completed my master thesis in Florida State University on diagnosing breast cancer using pattern recognition techniques on MRI images. I received my B.Sc. degree with honors in Computer Science from Vietnam National University, Hanoi in 2008, in which we developed a complete recognition system for Vietnamese printed documents from scratch.
My research interests include Computer Vision in general, and Object Recognition, Object Tracking, Augmented Reality, Deformable Surface Reconstruction, Visual Inertial Odometry, in particular.
I have solid knowledge of Computer Vision, Math-involved Algorithms, Numerical Optimization, Machine Learning, Pattern Recognition, Image Processing, Augmented Reality. I also have extensive experience in object-oriented design and building software using C++.
- Work: dat DOT ngo AT epfl DOT ch
- Personal: datngotien AT gmail DOT com
- Job offer from Prof. Andrew Zisserman’s lab, University of Oxford
- Job offer from Dacuda, Zurich (now MagicLeap Switzerland)
- Internship at Disney Research Zurich in Prof. Robert Sumner’s lab
- Winner of Qualcomm Innovation Fellowship 2014